FPF is a Corona, CA Mortgage Broker/Lender and Mortgage Bank offering Corona FHA, VA, USDA, HomePath, Conventional, and Corona Down Payment Assistance home loans. The flexibility of being both a bank and broker gives home buyers more loan options, ability to close faster, fewer qualifying restrictions, and a greater chance of qualifying for the best loan, rate, and fee program available.
First Priority Financial (FPF) CA DRE Broker #00654852 & NMLS #3257 and offers home financing to home buyers in Corona, Eastvale, Norco and the entire Inland Empire region.
Buying a home in Corona means you have multiple home purchase loan options to choose from. Here are a few of the most popular low down payment mortgage loans people use to purchase homes in Corona.
- Corona FHA Mortgage Loans: This requires a 3.5% down payment and offers low interest rates, flexible credit requirements (minimum credit score of 580), and ability to finance up to $500,000. There are several good down payment assistance programs that work well with a Corona FHA mortgage.
- Corona VA Guaranteed Home Purchase Loan: Veterans VA home loan benefits are available to active, non-active, Reserve, National Guard, and retired military of the armed forces with no down payment (100% financing) and no monthly mortgage insurance. One unique feature to a Corona VA loan is it allows an eligible borrower to qualify for a new loan just two years after a short sale, and three years after a foreclosure.
- Corona USDA No Down Payment Purchase Loans: There is a part of Corona where a non-military home buyer can purchase a home with literally no money down and their is no monthly mortgage insurance needed! The area of Horse Thief Canyon qualifies for this special USDA loan program. Very few people are aware that a USDA loan actually allows home buyers to add closing costs to the loan amount under certain circumstances. Besides Horse Thief Canyon being a USDA eligible home loan area, you can also use the USDA loan in the whole city of Wildomar, which is just just 15-20 minutes south of Corona. Wildomar tends to have low tax rates and lower priced homes than Corona.
- Corona HomePath Financing: This is a special home purchase loan for buying Fannie Mae bank owned foreclosure homes. A Corona HomePath mortgage loan requires at minimum 3% down payment, a 660 FICO credit score, has no monthly mortgage insurance and doesn’t even require an appraisal! To view a list of available homes, contact me at (951) 215-6119.
- Conventional Corona Mortgage: This is a non-government backed insured loan that is best used when having a higher credit score and/or a 20% down payment in order to avoid needing private mortgage insurance (PMI). If you don’t have a 20% down payment, we offer the Corona MyCommunity 97% LTV option and a 95% LTV loan option. Call for more details.
- Corona Down Payment Assistance (DPA) programs are available for those qualify. DPA’s are popular with first time or entry level home buyers, but don’t always require the person be a first time home buyer. Down Payment assistance programs for Corona home buyers are offered from the state, county, and city level. Each program has their own unique qualifying criteria and caveats that may cause you to not want to actually use the assistance program. Call me to find out what your down payment assistance options may be.