Would you consider safety to be a major factor when deciding where to relocate or live when buying a home in California? For those of us familiar with, or already living in the Temecula and Murrieta Valley region of Riverside County, we sometimes forget how good this little part of the world really is.
I think this is in the small city category. How small is small? I don’t know. Both Temecula and Murrieta have a population around 100,000 people and share borders. My idea of small is maybe 10,000 to 15,000 people or less, but considering each city has about 100,000 people each, it still gives you that small town fee.
Temecula and Murrieta are similar in many ways beyond being safe cities to live in. Some people even refer to them as the Twin Cities because they share so much in common.
Here is a brief list of reasons many people think both Temecula and Murrieta are great cities to live in and/or relocate to.
- Schools. Both Temecula and Murrieta have highly ranked (API scores) and distinguished schools….public and private.
- Safety. Ranked #2 and #4 in America…..nuff said. (I let my 5 year old kid run around the neighborhood until 11:00 at night by himself……just kidding:-)
- Housing is very very affordable compared to San Diego, Orange County, or Los Angeles. Housing has hit bottom and values are on the rise.
- Family friendly. Many family events, festivals and parks.
- A strong Christian community – many good churches.
- Wine County. It’s a wine lovers paradise and attracts national music & entertainment acts.
- Good golf courses. (I’m a golfer)
- Any many more reasons that I don’t have room to list here….like fishing.
If you have questions about relocating to the Temecula or Murrieta Valley area or want to know more about the specific neighborhoods of Temecula and Murrieta, feel free to call and chat. (951) 215-6119. (I live in Temecula and moved here from Minnesota back in 2003)